Brothers and Sisters

Brothers and Sisters

Izabella Rose

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Inspirations

I was reading a friends blog that was about what inspires her. I have been thinking all day about what inspires me... There are many things and people that inspire me. Each and everyday something or someone new inspires me.

Celebrations. I love when the people around me are celebrating life events. This gives me a great excuse to scrapbook. I love to create gifts with paper. Something about giving a handmade card just makes me feel good. For Christmas my grandparents gave me a Cricut. I quickly learned the amazing things this cool machine can do!! Creating cards, pages for my scrapbook, labels for the classroom or tags to put on gifts is so therapeutic to me. It just makes me feel good. :)

My students. I know that sounds Corny but it is so true. :) My students are so needy. I am inspired to be someone they can trust. A lot of my students do not have good home lives. Their pasts affect the way their behavior is in the classroom and the way that they want to learn in the classroom. Many times I find myself teaching these students more than just math. Before I disaplin a student I try to think about what they might have gone through last year, last month, last week or even the night before.

A 16-year-old girl walking around the Target parking lot trying to get people to register to vote. As I was walking to my car I over heard people tell her that they are either already registered or they do not want to vote because their vote does not count. When she stopped my husband and I, I assured her that I was registered to vote and have been voting in every election possible since I turned 18. She then started to explain all about herself and what she was working for. She volunteers her time to spread the word about voting and the importance of voting. She also shared with us her legal status. I almost broke down in tears as she was telling us her life story. Here is a determined girl who is working hard in school, volunteering her time educating people all over the state. I am inspired to work hard and encourage those who are able to vote, to vote.

My husband. No matter what crazy bump life throws at him he still finds the strength to push through.

For just about everything I do there is something that inspires me to do it. I love to help others. I love to make others smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another year! Our love is to infinity and beyond!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Loosing Weight

Background

Thank you for visiting!!!