Brothers and Sisters

Brothers and Sisters

Izabella Rose

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 29, 2013

Changes and Decisions... Decisions make changes...

Decisions... Decisions...

I will be the first to admit that I hate change. I do not do well when things around me are changing.

The 2012-2013 school year is coming to an end in just three short weeks. I am excited, sad and nervous all at the same time! I am ready to pass these kids along because I have taught them all they want to learn, but part of me really is not ready to let them go. Their personalities have grown on me. My 8th grade class has become such a neat group of kids. The conversations we can have together are just fun and amazing. My homeroom students (7th graders) has by far, become my favorite homeroom in the five years I have been teaching! They are not only a very smart group of kids but their personalities just shine and they really brighten my day (which is good since they are my first class). My last two classes of my day are 7th grade classes. These two classes have always been my roughest two classes because of behavior and lack of basic math skills. As I step back and think about these two classes and the students in them I honestly feel like I have helped many of them "like" math. That was my goal at the beginning of the year. So many of the kids hated math and already had it in their brain that they don't like math so why learn. I know many of them have changed their minds, especially after today. I have shown them they can be successful in math if they just try.

So why am I nervous about the school year coming to an end? Well, it's because of the unknown of next year. The unknown of who my students are and what skills they do or don't have and what their behavior is. The unknown of what I will be teaching next year. The principal can make any change he wants to the schedule. While I will more than likely still be teaching math I am just un sure if I will be teaching the three sections I love (7th advanced, 8th grade and 7th grade regular). Believe it or not I am also worried about the unknown of who I will be working with next year. All of these changes really are out of my control, but it still doesn't make it easy.

This is just the start of the changes that are going on in my world... To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another year! Our love is to infinity and beyond!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Loosing Weight

Background

Thank you for visiting!!!