Brothers and Sisters

Brothers and Sisters

Izabella Rose

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

School's out for the Summer...

Yahoo!!! A well needed break is here... Well sort of. If you really know me, you know that I can not sit still for too long. When school ends it means summer camp begins! Kids Kamp starts June 6. We have a staff orientation day on June 4. It is coming up so quickly!

For those of you who have been following this blog I am terribly sorry for not posting regularly. The end of the school year is crazy busy!! Then add being 7 and 1/2 months pregnant on top of that and I am sleeping every second I can get!! I have to admit that I laid my head down on my desk and closed my eyes once or twice (maybe even three times) just to relax a couple times. :)

A lot has happened in the last couple of weeks that have kept me on my toes. Let me see if I can summarize it for you...
***My mentee for the coming of age program at church had her panel meeting to decide if she has met the requirements to graduate from the program and potentially become an official member of the church
***I threw a scrapbook party in my classroom to put together a scrapbook for a wonderful teacher that has retired this year
***I had a Dr. appointment where my Dr told me everything was coming along nicely. I am healthy! (Even though the belly is a little on the big side)
***I worked a second job babysitting for a reading program through PBS 2 nights a week.
***Had a rehearsal for the coming of age service and then participated in an amazing service where 12,13, and 14 year olds shared their experiences of the program including how they felt when they completed service hours, visited other houses or worship and interviewed adult members of the congregation. This service also represents their graduation from the program.
***Kathrine's graduation party. Daniel and I showed up a little late. In fact we thought because we showed up the party closed down!! :)
***Retirement party for Karen. She is so loved and will be greatly missed. After all the scrapbook pages were given to me I had to try and fit them in 1 book. That was not working so I had to run out and buy another book. Yes! We gave Karen 2 scrapbooks full of LOVE!!
***Athletic directors meeting... Have I mentioned that I have taken on the roll of co-athletic director of my school... Still wondering about this move. Guess I won't know how it really will affect my life until I am living it.
***Promotion practice... 3 days of promotion practice... My feet sure are happy promotion is over!! :)
***Promotion ceremony. I am sad to see this 8th grade class move on. This 8th grade class is the class I started with when I student taught 4 years ago in the 5th grade. I have seen a lot of these kids grow in many ways. This is a very affirming group! :) They were by far the best group of kids I have taught (even with the many behavior problems I delt with, they still grew on me!!) There are many students that I would be happy to keep in touch with. As a matter of fact this is the first time I have asked a few kids to come work at the camp with me this summer. :) I am excited to see how far these kids go in life!
***Preparing an outline for August when I will be on maternity leave. I do have a sub lined up and ready to start the school year for me!
***End of the school year checklist, reward day and potlucks! The teachers have a long check list they must complete before we can leave for the summer. We had some bouncy things and spinning things and DJ on our campus the last day of school. The kids had a blast! I even taught them some new dance moves! :) As for the potlucks... The 8th grade teachers threw a breakfast potluck for the students who had perfect attendance for the whole school year (there were about 12 out of 240 students)!! :) Two kids had perfect attendance since they started at Madison #1- 4 years ago!! AMAZING!! Then we had a goodbye lunch potluck with all the teachers. I was so busy this last week I had to have my mom go do my shopping for me for the two potlucks.
***My BFF put together a baby shower for me at work! I got lots of diapers, wipes and some cute outfits! :)
***Trip to Las Vegas!!! About a year ago Daniel and I paid for a 3-night stay in a hotel to listen to them try and sell us time share thingy. (of course we said no to the time share when we got there). We really didn't think we would be getting pregnant within the year, but the trip was already paid for. Our Dr. said go in May or wait til the baby was born. So we went as out last get a way before the baby comes. The stay was really nice! We went with another couple, Jairo and Brittany!! We had so much fun even though there was not much alcohol involved!! :)

Whew... That should sum up my last couple of weeks pretty good! Now it is time for me to focus on resting (my feet), getting Kids Kamp ready, the baby room put together and I am being thrown a baby shower on Saturday!! So excited!! Not really slowing down any but did you expect anything less?


P.S. for those of you waiting for the May bump, my photographer (hehehe) will be at the shower taking plenty of pictures of this bump that is sicking out of me!! :) She will be capturing all the fun moments of the shower for me as well! :) Thanks Briana!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another year! Our love is to infinity and beyond!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Loosing Weight

Background

Thank you for visiting!!!