The students are super excited to say that their math teacher is pregnant. Everyday they ask me if I know if I am having a girl or a boy, everyday I tell them that the baby is not big enough to tell if it is a girl or a boy. :)
One of my student's mom works at John C. Lincoln as the person that does the ultrasound thingy on prego ladies. The student told me the other day that her mom said that at 18 weeks I should be able to know if the baby is a girl or boy. The kids are counting down. One of the students even wrote in her planner when the baby is a week older and when my due date is. :)
The kids have been so good since they have found out that I am pregnant (well some of them anyways). Every time I have to lecture, the students say "man, Mrs. Mendez's hormones are going crazy." So today I had asked a class a dozen times to quiet down and get to work. They continued to be off task so I very calmly (and maybe with a giggle) I told the students "I have asked you over and over to stop talking. Flip over your character cards. And before you say it, this is not the pregnancy hormones coming out, well maybe a little, but its mostly annoyance that you are causing me!! Please get busy. Thank you!"
I love my job!!





No comments:
Post a Comment