Went to visit my grandpa in the hospital today. Geraldine made him his favorite kind of cake, white with white frosting. he really enjoyed the cake. He was so happy to see me, Daniel and Izabella (even more excited that we brought him cake!).
He has had lots of different procedures done over the last week or two. He has had fluid taken from his lungs a couple times, fluid taken from around his heart. Now he has drains going to his heart to keep most of the fluids away. He looks good, and sounds good... But I don't think he feels good.
My grandpa has always told me that I'm never to say "I can't", but that seems to be the words that are coming out of his mouth a lot lately. He told me tonight that he doesn't want to walk, but the nurses and Drs. keep telling him that he needs to. They say if he walks then he could go home. He said he does not want to go home, that his plot is ready for him next to his wife where there are no weeds and nothing for him to do. That was a lot to take in. I choked back my tears and told him that he would be much happier if he just went home. We could visit him more and he could see Izabella scoot across the floor. He said that he would think about it and maybe he would try to walk a bit.
Only time will tell...






No comments:
Post a Comment