Brothers and Sisters

Brothers and Sisters

Izabella Rose

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, August 26, 2011

Crafting

I have been enjoying my time with Miss Izabella. But when she naps I am enjoying my crafting time. I have even mastered crocheting while I am nursing. :)

Here are a few things I have crafted lately...
This was my first sewing project. It is a nursing cover-up. I bought an already made cover-up for $10. I thought... Why not make one for cheaper? :) I bought a yard of this cool green zebra pattern for $2. I only used 1/2 of the yard. So this pretty cool cover-up only cost me $1 and a few zig-zaged, non-straight lines! :) LOL


I have been practicing more with the sewing machine. I am not really happy with this first tutu I sewed together. It is a little long for Izabella and it is not poofy enough. But, non the less, it is a project I have crafted! :)


I love how this tutu came out! I learned from the orange one I made and this one came out so much better!! :) And it matches Izabella's pjs! :) So cute!


I have been enjoying crocheting lately too. I remember crocheting my first blanket for my Aunt Nancy. I think that was the only thing I ever crochet growing up. I learned that crocheting is like riding a bike. You never forget how to hold the hook and how to create all the different stitches. So I have been looking up on Youtube.com for different things to make. I am so happy with how this headband came out! Izabella is the perfect model for it!!


So, the one crafting project I am missing is scrapbooking. I did so much before Izabella was born that I needed a new project but I really am missing the scrapbooking. I have so many pictures of Miss Izabella that I need to get into a scrapbook before Izabella gets too old. Misty, we need a scrapbook night soon!!! I am thinking a late nighter is in order soon!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another year! Our love is to infinity and beyond!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Loosing Weight

Background

Thank you for visiting!!!